Helpdesk and Service Desk Chat Support using Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business
Vayusphere’s Out of box Instant Response for Help Desks leverages Microsoft Lync and Skype for Business to provide ACD like functionality using Instant Messaging Queues for Chat Support. Integrates with Service Now and BMC Remedy.
Deployed in several Fortune 500 companies, this battle-tested product is an out-of-the-box solution for companies that want to use Microsoft Lync 2013, 2010, Office365, Skype for Business, or Office Communication Server in their call center and enterprise help desk environments. It provides the necessary functionality for enterprise users to use their Lync or Office Communicator clients to interact with their support representatives for faster response and quicker resolution. No programming or software installation is required on end user or support representative machines. This product can go live in enterprise settings in less than a week.
Features of Vayusphere Instant Response for Helpdesks
- Allows customers to initiate a dialogue with a support queue or role from any of their Lync or Skype for Business clients (Desktop, Mobile or Web)
- Intelligently queues and dynamically routes the service request to the right support representative based on load, availability and customizable factors, such as skill sets or location. (“IM-ACD”)
- Agents can handle multiple simultaneous support sessions
- A single system with a single contact allows multiple queues
- Can escalate a service request when predefined wait time and queue length thresholds are crossed
- Allows seamless transfers of chat between queues and agents. Enables support representatives to easily invite other experts into the chat session
- Allows supervisor to observe work queues and sessions in progress
- Tracks statistics and KPIs on queue lengths, wait times, service times, and representative efficiency and performance. Display in web browsers or wall boards.
- Allows emailing of session transcripts to customers
- Logs all conversation transcripts to a database, XML files or ITSM tools such as Service Now and Remedy
- Can automatically pick up support group membership from your Active Directory or LDAP server
- Provides multi-lingual support queues using Lync supported languages
- Provides Real-time language translation in over 60 languages
- Provides a Web based configuration and group management console
- Supports Skype for Business, Lync 2013, Lync 2010, Skype for Business, Lync Online – Dedicated, and Office 365 via Lync Federation
- Allows design of a multi-level IVR menu to map to your existing workflow trees.
- Allows for backup queues and overflow queues for your follow the sun global service desk
- Integrates with Service Now and BMC Remedy for automation of ticket creation and matching.
Enhanced Customer Self-service
Use of Instant Response for Help Desks can also enable customer self-service. Specifically, Instant Response:
- Allows a customer to use their IM clients to interactively request information from applications, such as ITSM tools or Knowledge Bases without requiring human intervention.
- Escalates the request to a representative when needed.
- Allows the Call Center/Help Desk to send outbound status updates and notifications to customers on an IM client or Mobile device eliminating the need for another set of software for this purpose
Return On Investment (ROI)
Instant Response for Help Desks’ compelling ROI is driven by the following time and cost savings:
- No training or behavior change needed for End Users
- Increased utilization and productivity of support representatives. Representatives can now simultaneously handle requests from multiple customers. This mode of communication can eliminate the dead-time or hold time in traditional voice oriented conversations
- Reduce Resolution Time. Many Call Centers have realized the benefit of email support. Email support is considerably lower cost than phone calls. However, email is not ideal for interactive two-way dialogue and is prone to miscommunication. This can cause a simple service request to take several attempts and back and forth email messages to resolve – encouraging continued use of expensive voice calls. Instant Messaging based Instant Response for Call Centers ensures that the interactive dialog will end in satisfactory resolution of the service request on the first attempt
- Increase enterprise wide efficiency of representatives. Automated routing based on presence, availability, location, and expertise can significantly reduce support costs. With Instant Response there is no need to have some representatives spend time dispatching calls to the appropriate representatives. Additionally, representatives have Tier 2 or Tier 3 support personnel available at their fingertips using instant messaging. Tier 2 and 3 support may be mobile or at customer sites, yet can still be brought into the call center service resolution.
- Enable better service. With Instant Response customers reach on the first attempt a representative who is immediately available to respond, and has the right skills set. That representative also has the tools to answer questions while the customer is on the phone. Customers no longer need to be forwarded to multiple representatives. Additionally, all communication is immediately logged so that you have a history of the relationship with the customer.
- Virtual Call Centers. Use Instant Response to communicate with customer regardless of their location or the location of your support personnel. Your support personnel need only connect to the Call Center using an IM client from any location thereby creating a virtual call center environment. All communication is encrypted and logged even when going over the public Internet.
Technical Specs and Deployment Environment
Vayusphere Instant Response For Help Desks Application runs as a Windows Service.
- Server: Windows 2012 R2 Server with 8 GB RAM and 40 GB spare Disk is recommended. A dedicated server is not required. Virtual machines and cloud servers are supported.
- Client: There is no additional software to install on the End User or Support Analyst computers. They continue to use their Microsoft Lync, Skype For Business or Office 365 clients.
- Optional Integration: For additional functionality, SQL Server, Active Directory, SMTP Mail Relay Server, ServiceNow, BMC Remedy
Pricing and Availability
Vayusphere Instant Response for Help Desks product is currently in its 6th major release.
Pricing is based on number of Supporters (Customer Services Agents or Help Desk Analysts). Unlimited End Users and chat sessions are included.
Vayusphere offers a perpetual software license, with annual support and maintenance agreements. Vayusphere will also assist you in design, deployment, configuration and training.
You may also provide this information for a personalized and prompt response
Microsoft, Lync, Office Communicator Server, Skype for Business, and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. The names of other companies and products mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.