Helpdesk & Service Desk Chat Support using Skype for Business & Lync
Vayusphere’s Out of box Instant Response for Help Desks leverages Microsoft Skype for Business and Lync to provide ACD like functionality for Chat Support using Instant Messaging Queues. Integrates with Service Now and BMC Remedy. Integrates with IBM Watson, Microsoft LUIS and DialogFlow for chatbot capability.
Deployed in several Fortune 500 companies, this battle-tested product is an out-of-the-box chat support solution for companies that want to use Microsoft Lync 2013, 2010, Office365, or Skype for Business in their call center and enterprise help desk environments. It provides the necessary functionality for enterprise users to use their Skype or Lync clients to interact with their support representatives for faster response and quicker resolution. No programming or software installation is required on end user or support representative machines. This product can go live in enterprise settings in less than a week.
Features of Vayusphere Instant Response for Helpdesks
- Allows customers to initiate a dialogue with a support queue or role from any of their Skype for Business or Lync clients (Desktop, Mobile or Web)
- Intelligently queues and dynamically routes the service request to the right support representative based on load, availability and customizable factors, such as skill sets or location. (“Chat-ACD”)
- Agents can handle multiple simultaneous chat support sessions
- A single system with a single Skype contact allows multiple queues such as for regions, languages and skills.
- Allows for backup queues and overflow queues for your “follow the sun” global service desk. Supports Business Hours for queues
- Allows design of a multi-level IVR menu to map to your existing workflow trees
- Allows seamless transfers of chat between queues and agents. Enables support representatives to easily invite other experts into the chat session
- Allows supervisor to observe work queues and sessions in progress using a real-time visual dashboard
- Tracks statistics and KPIs on queue lengths, wait times, service times, and representative efficiency and performance. Display in web browsers or wall boards
- Canned Message/Template support for Agent efficiency. Click and send common phrases.
- Allows emailing of session transcripts to customers
- Logs all conversation transcripts to a database or ITSM tools such as Service Now and Remedy
- Can automatically pick up support group membership from your Active Directory or LDAP server
- Provides multi-lingual support queues using all Skype for Business supported languages
- Provides Real-time language translation in over 60 languages. Mono-lingual agents can support chat in multiple end-user languages.
- Supports Skype for Business servers, Lync 2013, Lync 2010, Skype for Business Online – Dedicated, and Office 365 via Skype Federation
- Integrates with Service Now and BMC Remedy for automation of ticket creation and matching. Agent single-pane-of-glass shows 365 degree view of end-user interaction history and open incidents.
- Integrates with IBM Watson, Microsoft LUIS, DialogFlow and other AI engines for NLP/NLU and dialog based chatbots.
- Support for Privacy regulations including GDPR, configurable data retention policies.
Enhanced Customer Self-service
Use of Instant Response for Help Desks can also enable customer self-service. Specifically, Instant Response:
- Allows a customer to use their chat clients to interactively request information from applications, such as ITSM tools for ticket status, or Knowledge Bases without requiring human intervention.
- Chatbot capabilities. Escalates the request to a live chat representative when needed.
- Allows the Call Center/Help Desk to send outbound status updates and notifications to customers on an IM client or Mobile device eliminating the need for another set of software for this purpose
Return On Investment (ROI)
Instant Response for Help Desks’ compelling ROI is driven by the following time and cost savings:
- No training or behavior change needed for End Users
- Increased utilization and productivity of support representatives. Representatives can now simultaneously handle requests from multiple customers. This mode of communication can eliminate the dead-time or hold time in traditional voice oriented conversations
- Reduce Resolution Time. Many contact centers have realized the benefit of email support. Email support is considerably lower cost than phone calls. However, email is not ideal for interactive two-way dialogue and is prone to miscommunication. This can cause a simple service request to take several attempts and back and forth email messages to resolve – encouraging continued use of expensive voice calls. Instant Messaging based Instant Response for Help Desks ensures that the interactive dialog will end in satisfactory resolution of the service request on the first attempt
- Increase enterprise wide efficiency of representatives. Automated routing based on presence, availability, location, and expertise can significantly reduce support costs. With Instant Response there is no need to have some representatives spend time dispatching calls to the appropriate representatives. Additionally, representatives have Tier 2 or Tier 3 support personnel available at their fingertips using instant messaging. Tier 2 and 3 support may be mobile or at customer sites, yet can still be brought into the contact center service resolution.
- Enable better service. With Instant Response customers reach on the first attempt a representative who is immediately available to respond, and has the right skills set. That representative also has the tools to answer questions while the customer is on the phone. Customers no longer need to be forwarded to multiple representatives. Additionally, all communication is immediately logged so that you have a history of the relationship with the customer.
- Virtual Call Centers. Use Instant Response to communicate with customer regardless of their location or the location of your support personnel. Your support personnel need only connect to the Call Center using an IM client from any location thereby creating a virtual call center environment. All communication is encrypted and logged even when going over the public Internet.
- Real-time Language Translation enables you to utilize mono-lingual agents to support end users in 60+ languages.
Technical Specs and Deployment Environment
Vayusphere Instant Response For Help Desks Application runs as a Windows Service.
- Server: Windows 2012 R2 or Windows 2016 Server with 8 GB RAM and 120 GB data disk is recommended. Virtual machines and cloud servers are supported.
- Client: There is no additional software to install on the End User or Support Analyst computers. They continue to use their Microsoft Lync, Skype For Business or Office 365 clients.
- Optional Integration: For additional functionality, SQL Server, Active Directory, SMTP Mail Relay Server, Service Now, BMC Remedy, IBM Watson, Microsoft LUIS can be integrated.
- Optional Cloud Hosting: At customer request, Vayusphere can host and manage the software in a cloud service provider for a fully turn-key managed, dedicated server hosting.
Pricing and Availability
Vayusphere Instant Response for Help Desks product is currently in its 7th major release.
Pricing is based on number of Supporters (Customer Services Agents or Help Desk Analysts) and Queues. Unlimited End Users and chat sessions are included.
Vayusphere offers a perpetual software license, with annual support and maintenance agreements.
Turnkey Deployment and High-touch Support
Vayusphere will also assist you in design, deployment, configuration and training for a turnkey implementation.
7×24 Global Support is available
Contact Us for a Demonstration
You may also provide this information for a personalized and prompt response
Additional Technical Information
High Level Design
Vayusphere Chat Support Communication Workflow
You may also provide this information for a personalized and prompt response
Microsoft, Lync, Office Communicator Server, Skype for Business, and Windows are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp. The names of other companies and products mentioned are trademarks of their respective owners.